Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Boston

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Over the weekend Greg and I went to Boston, with his mom. One of her friends, who she hadn't seen in years, was having a party to celebrate her marriage and her newborn baby. So, Greg's mom and her friend's mother arranged it so that we would go as a surprise, and since no one there had seen Greg since he was five, it was pretty exciting.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The party was really cool; they even had clowns that were doing face painting and balloon animals for free. While I was waiting in line, one of the clowns looked at me and was smiling, as she made a balloon animal, and then she just walked up to me and gave it to me; I didn't even have to ask or anything, it was pretty amazing.. She gave me a teddy bear balloon animal, which was cute because it reminded Greg and I of Spoticus. After we got our food, everyone at the table started playing with it, it was pretty funny.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It started when Greg and I made it look like he was drinking from this empty champagne bottle, then one of the ladies sitting at the table took a white rose out of the vase in the picture, and made the bear hold it, which was really cute.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The next day we went to the Boston Aquarium. It was a lot of fun, and the weird thing is, I had forgotten I had ever even been there, until I got there and started to recognize things and realized I had gone there the first time I met my aunt's friend Debbie. But, since I told Greg and his mom I had never been to Boston before, I didn't say anything. hahaha
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The first thing we saw was penguins, and they were really cute.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm not sure what either of these fish are called, but they look pretty cool.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I loved watching the jellyfish move. I don't know why, but I just found it so amazing, they way they just kind of flow.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This was a really cool looking seahorse, that looked like it had leaves growing out of it. A lot of them just blended in with the plants, but this one was up against the glass so I could take a decent picture.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is another seahorse I thought was pretty cool.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Starfish, in the same tank as the seahorse above.. They even had starfish you could touch! Some of them were squishy, and some of them were hard.. It was pretty sick.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
It's Nemo! He lives in an anemone. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Shark! It was in this really cool tank that was in the center of the room, with a bunch of other fish and turtles. Apparently the sharks don't eat the other fish because they are so well fed; at the aquarium they are offered food twice a day, whereas in the wild, they are lucky if they eat twice a month.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm not sure what these are called, but they are really spikey, which makes them cool.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This is a cuttlefish, I think it was Greg's favorite.. His mom said she thought it looked like Davey Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean. hahaha
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This was an electric eel. There were speakers that were hooked up above it, and everytime the eel sent out shocks, the speakers would make a sound, and there was a light that said whether the eel was locating its prey, killing it, or merely sending out a little wave.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This turtle was pretty photogenic.. He just sat there, eating sand. He was near a shark, and at one point he even kind of climbed on top of the shark, but the shark didn't even seem to mind.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Not sure what this is, Greg told me to take a picture of it. But I think it's cool how it blends into the sand.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Outside the aquarium.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This bridge that Greg and I really liked.

Boston was a lot of fun. I wish I could travel all the time..

1 comment:

  1. You already know my view just spending your life planning maticulously, rather than actually enjoying it, as we always have. That is far too boring and dull for you my friend. Who wants to wait for retirement to start "having fun"?! It's the dumbest thing I've heard. I hate how you're stuck in that situation :/.

    Onto happier thoughts, Boston sounded wonderful! The party seemed very tasteful and enjoyable. It's great when people actually know how to throw a party, so you don't sit around just waiting for an opportune moment to escape hahaha. The food sounds delicious, those Itlaians know how to cook :). The clown sounded really nice too, she made a cute bear.
    The aquarium looks awesome!! Hah, it's funny that you didn't remember you've been there before until you got there, haha. Cute pictures :). My mom loves that Penguins of Madagascar show too, hahaha. Jellyfish are wicked cool, so are seahorses! That's a sweet picture you took, too! They all turned out really good, when did you get your camera fixed? I can't believe the shark doesn't eat the other fish, that's neat. Awww cuttlefish :)! Hah, the turtle seems pretty chill. I'm glad you got to get out of Newark and see a bit of a big city like Boston. There are so many interesting places out there to see, we're going to start finding them soon :). I mean come on, if we wait til we're fifty, think of all the time we've lost, it's insane.

    Miss & love you,

    ReplyDelete