Monday, June 21, 2010

When the rain washes you clean, you'll know..

Now here I go again, I see, the crystal visions
I keep my visions to myself
It's only me
Who wants to wrap around your dreams and...
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness...
Like a heartbeat drives you mad...
In the stillness of remembering
What you had
And what you lost...

I think it would be cool to run away for the summer... I could live like a gypsy, or something. I don't need much; I could live off the land and be one with nature. I guess it doesn't make much practical sense, but it's something I've always wanted to do.. I guess I was just born in the wrong time period. Maybe I should have been born in the 60's or 70's or something, back when everyone felt that way.. But nowadays, everyone would think I was crazy if I went off away from society, and did my own thing.. Just to get away from all the computers, and phones, and technology, and leave it all behind for a while.. I'm not saying I have a problem with technology, but people have become very dependent on it and, I feel like there is a certain freedom you can obtain away from technology.. I guess I never realized it until I didn't have a cell phone anymore. I never realized how much life I was missing until it was gone.. I was constantly checking the time, or burying my face in my phone just to talk to people, most of whom I was never extremely close with.. I know people who do pretty much nothing but text, even when they are around people and could be enjoying their company and having fun.. It's an addiction, but it's one of the ones you think "oh, it's just a phone.. I can quit using it at any time and be perfectly fine..." until the battery dies, or you forget it at home, and you're engulfed in a feeling of loneliness, like something is missing.

And yeah, I agree it's a good feeling to be connected to the world, and to know you have the opportunity to communicate with anyone at anytime.. But a lot of people abuse that freedom, and it ends up turning into something that holds you back, rather than something that benefits you. And I also feel there is a great feeling in just being disconnected from the world.. Not knowing what time it is, or what day it is, or what your next meal will be... Just living life day by day, second by second. Why does everything always have to be so planned out and manipulated? We read in magazines and online to do certain things, or not do certain things, and we just listen like mindless drones.. Society has us all on a short leash, and I guess I just want to break away...

No comments:

Post a Comment