Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Georgian

Today was my second day of work.. I like it. My boss, Matt, is really nice and funny.. He makes jokes like "ok, the next old person to walk in here... The next old person to walk in here, I'm going to hold them down, alright...? And then you're going to start punching - not kicking, just punching - as hard as you can until they get outta here! I'm sick of old people, man!" he definitely makes things more entertaining. I hear my other boss, Jeff, is really mean, though.. I get to meet him tomorrow. No one seems to really like him, from what I hear, even Matt doesn't like him, but I guess he lets people out really early so that's not bad.. Tonight we got out pretty early, so that was nice. I got to work with Emily, which was fun. It's good having someone to be able to talk to, because otherwise you're just sitting there bored, waiting for people to come. Sonya works as a bartender there, too, in the same area I work, so Australian Bob has been by both nights I've worked, which has been nice. Today we talked about Australia, and surfing, and painting, and everything.. It was nice. And his artwork as evolved sooo much since the last time I saw him! Everything looks so smooth and fluid now, almost like photographs.. His style has gotten very realistic, and it's very impressive. He says just like with anything, practice makes perfect, and he's right... It makes me want to start painting again so I can get good. He kept telling Emily I was "a great painter" and built it up like I had so much talent when, honestly, I don't. I wonder if he is still using oil paints, because he definitely mastered the art of them if he has which, from my experience, isn't an easy task. I always preferred working with acrylics better myself, because oils are like a whole other ballgame, but he just dove right into them, and now his stuff is amazing. I can't get over how good his paintings look, now. He also said that I should go visit him in Australia sometime, and I think I will. I've always wanted to go to Australia, I've had this burning desire for as long as I can remember, for some reason... I think it would be nice to live there, too... I think I'm going to save up my money and go visit there at some point, maybe during winter break. It would be a nice vacation because our winters are their summers, and I would love to go there when the weather is nice, especially if it means avoiding our shit Upstate New York winter weather. hahaha

I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to handle myself this summer because, I've always wanted to go to Australia, but talking to Aussie Bob just always made my desire worse, hearing his cool expressions and hearing about how awesome Australia is.. Every other summer it was alright, because I didn't see him too often so I had a few days in between each meeting to recover from my fantasies of traveling to Australia, but now that I'm going to be seeing him like every day, I don't know how I'm going to keep myself in America. hahaha I guess it will give me an incentive to save my money, though.. So I can go on the trip one day. One day hopefully soon. I should be making good money at this place, so I'll just try to spend as little as I can.. We'll see how it goes.

Maybe I should tell someone else to start saving, too, so I have a trip buddy... But I doubt anyone could save that kind of money or, if they did, that they would want to blow it on a trip to a place literally on the other side of the world.. I think plane tickets are somewhere around two thousand dollars, then you have to worry about hotel accommodations, food arrangements, and spending money for souvenirs.. It would cost a pretty penny, so I unfortunately might have to get stuck going alone.. Which, I have a feeling, I wouldn't enjoy so much.. Maybe I can make Maddie go with me, I know she's dying to go back to Australia.. Only problem is, she'll probably already be back by the time I get the money saved.. :( But oh well, I'll figure it out eventually, but it would be cool to see that dream come true.. Then next on the list would be England! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment